We are working towards increasing numbers of women choosing STEM careers. To this end, we carry out different actions to reinforce the interest of girls and young people in the study of scientific-technological subjects.
Professional orientation talks
We introduce STEM careers to schools and colleges, highlighting the professional prospects for engineering in the business world. We also emphasise the usefulness of technologies for society, the importance of the technology sector and the more fun side of ICTs.
We collaborate with the DevWomen project, designed to make women visible in the world of technology, especially in IT development.
The aim is to maximize the spread of technology, from schools to companies, in order to encourage the incorporation of more women with a programmer profile in the ICT sector.
We participate in the Technovation initiative, which seeks to motivate and build girls’ ICT skills. The initiative seeks to improve gender equality in the technology sector. To do so, girls’ teams take on the challenge of resolving a social issue through technology.
They must draw up a project, defend it and compete in a classification that will take them to the US if they reach the final.
- EDICOM to renew collaboration with Technovation March 27, 2020 TheTechnovation Challenge aims to motivate and foster their ICT skills to enhance gender equality in… Read more
- EDICOM backs several teams taking part in Technovation Challenge 2019 April 8, 2019 We were recently visited by three teams competing in the Technovation Chanllenge event, which are… Read more
- Entrepreneurship Initiative from the San Vicente Ferrer school visits EDICOM February 28, 2019 "Entrepreneurship Initiative " from the San Vicente Ferrer school visits us to find out more… Read more
- EDICOM gives a professional orientation talk at the IES Camp del Turia February 19, 2019 EDICOM gives a professional orientation talk at the IES Camp del Turia. Marta Moya, a… Read more
- EDICOM joins the Technovation Challenge 2019 Programme February 1, 2019 Technovation Challenge, -flagship initiative by the non-profit organization Iridescent- is the world's largest technology business… Read more